Thursday, January 17, 2013

Value thingy


value is not an easy thing to compare. some things have monetary value. but some things can’t have monetary value. like feelings or experiences. but they are not really exchangeable. i mean would you exchange a gold bar for time with family members. you need a balance. if you are very rich and buy lots of things but don’t spend time with family members or friends you would probably feel lonely. but on the other hand if you only spent time with family and friends and dont get anything for yourself. you might get overwhelmed.

i slowly lift the bottle up to my lips. i then tip the bottle up slowly. the sweet citrus liquid pours over my tongue. i feel the sensation in my throat as the mountain dew goes into my stomach. i do not really drink any other soda than mountain dew. i think it tastes delicious some people argue otherwise.

my brother picks me up from school almost every day. i spend about an hour with him every day. the time that i spent with him cannot be priced with a money value. because you cannot buy memories or time spent with someone else at any store. thats why the memories and time i spent with my brother are priceless.

If i was to have one of those things either mountain dew or the time with my brother it would definitely be the time with my brother because although i do value mountain dew i value the time i had with my brother more. and in some other occasions I may value a thing of price more than something priceless. but for most it is the priceless thing that matter to me truly.

in the end it is all on a personal level when it comes to what matters to you. everyone values their own things in life whether it be priceless moments or objects of value. it is up to us to discover what we truly value. i think that is part of the journey of life







No comments:

Post a Comment